I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Bitten By The Bug 2 Butterfly Challenge

I came across yet another blog with a challenge - you would think that this is all I do, search for blogs and challenges - and for the past week you would be right. (Today I finally did some laundry!) The Bitten By The Bug 2 challenge was to use a butterfly image. The Home Accents cart has a couple of fun butterflies and I played around for a while with different colors and paper, not knowing for sure which I liked better. As this one came together, it looked like a sympathy card, which I am unfortunately going to be using in the next few months. It breaks my heart to think that my neighbor is losing his battle with cancer, he is such a good man. His wife is amazing and this card will go to her. I need to find a stamp set with an appropriate sentiment and that will go in the upper right hand corner. I think it turned out really nice.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is gorgeous! Such a lovely butterfly and beautiful paper. I'm sorry it will be for a sad occasion, but I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated. thanks for joining us at BBTB2. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mollie, what a beautiful card. I love it! And, thank you so much for helping me compile my list of challenges! I am getting ready to update my page in a few minutes!!!

    ReplyDelete