I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Paper Cutz Challenge


Okay, so I tooootalllly improvised for this challenge. We were to make a valentine card without using any hearts. I have two new cartridges, April Showers and Simply Charmed, and I love both of them. I think the squirrel is absolutely adorable from April Showers, so I wanted to use him and then the phrase "Nuts for You" came to mind. So I went through my carts to see if I had anything resembling acorns that I could work with, and I found the strawberry from Simply Charmed. It looked close enough, so I played around with how to make it look the most like a nut. I think it turned out okay. I was hesitant to show this card to my husband because I wasn't sure if I wanted to give it to him, but I wanted his opinion - he thought it was pretty great. I hope you like it!

3 comments:

  1. Cute card. I love how you improvised with the nuts. Thanks for playing along at Paper Cutz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I saw that you were not sure how to add the Stylish Blogger Award to your blog. I'm so new to blogging too so it took me awhile to figure it out. When I wrote my post I just copied and pasted the picture into it and then did the requirements listed. To add the Award picture to you side bar you go into your design page and "ADD A GADGET" > "ADD PICTURE" > "IMAGE FROM THE WEB" paste this into the box http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_clrbQcYA7q4/TU0swobNJiI/AAAAAAAAAnQ/Qj2lPIvogjc/s1600/Stylish_Blogger.jpg
    I hope that works/helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card. Thanks for playing along at Paper Cutz Challenge. Stop by my blog, check it out and become a follower.

    Hugs,
    Kayla at My Scrapbooking Hideaway
    Myscrapbookinghideaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete