I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My Love Bug

This is a fun card I created for a couple challenges this week.  My Craft Spot issued the challenge "Valentine's for Kids" and Pause Dream Enjoy issued the challenge "Mainly Red".  I used Simply Charmed to cut out the cute bug and phrase "love bug".  The "my" comes from the same cartridge, but I cut it down from the word "yummy" that goes along with the cute pie image on that cart.  I embossed the mat with Swiss Dots, and cut the patterned paper with Spellbinder's Edgeabilities Classic Scallop.  This was a challenge for me cause I don't usually work with red - pink, yes, but not much red.  I am happy with how it turned out and think I might give it to my nephew. 

2 comments:

  1. This is so super cute! I love the great colors and papers. Your love bug is just adorable! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How darling! What fun colors! LOVE the little bit of embossing too!!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete