I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Craft


I was so excited to see Decorate to Celebrate's "St. Patrick's Day" challenge.  I bought a wood shamrock last week and have been needing to get to it, this just put me right in the mood to get it done!  I really like how it turned out.  I am bummed a little bit because when I went to The Wood Connection, I wanted to get a full set (large, medium and small).  Of course, they were sold out but I did get the very last large one, so I'm happy about that.  The paper is "lollipop" by lily bee design, llc, and the glitter is from Wal-Mart.  The ribbon I just had in my stash, no clue where it came from.  I cut the tag from George.  The stamp is from a holiday set by Fiskars.  I inked around all the edges with ColorBox Chalk Ink Dark Brown.  It's fun and festive and looks great on my table!

3 comments:

  1. Emily, I am over-the-top excited about your shamrock!! I wonder if The-Sweetheart would shake his head and roll his eyes if I asked him to make me a set of wooden shamrocks now... Hmmmm... The chevron paper is fabulous!! PERFECT for the shamrock... And glitter just makes everything better ;)

    Thanks so much for decorating your celebrations at the Decorate To Celebrate! Challenge Blog!

    BIG HUGS,
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    and Decorate To Celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome!! The paper you chose is perfect!! And I love the strip of glitter!! What a fabulous St. Patty's Day decoration!! Thanks so much for playing along at Decorate to Celebrate!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts
    Decorate to Celebrate DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. {LOVE}! This is super cute Emily! I love all the lucky bling and ribbon! Crafty Hugs Arin and thanks for joining DTC!

    ReplyDelete