I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Monday, March 18, 2013

Spring is in the Air - FCCB Challenge #153

Are you ready for another challenge over at FCCB?  The Design Team has come up with some amazing inspiration for you to play along with us for the "Spring is in the Air" challenge.  All you need to do is use a kite or a balloon on your project.  I am so anxious for spring to get here, we had a taste of it last week, but now it's cold again - BOOOO!  I need WARMTH!  Anyway, this is what I came up with for the challenge - "let's go fly a kite..." The kite is cut from Designer's Calendar, and I popped it up with some dimensionals.  I tied baker's twine for the bows on the tail.  The clouds and flowers are cut from April Showers, the grass is cut from Plantin Schoolbook.  I used dimensionals on the clouds and the first two layers of the grass hoping to get a better sense of depth.  The sentiment was just printed out on my computer, I didn't have an actual stamp with that saying.  I hope Spring gets here soon :)

3 comments:

  1. Super card Emily, I love the pink, yellow and blue! So cheery!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card, love the colors you picked for your card!! So very spring :0)
    Crafty Hugs,
    Diana
    daisylovecreations.blogspot.com
    FCCB-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your grass on this! Great card!

    Rebecca, Fantabulous Cricut DT
    I would love to have you visit my blog!
    Check out my new challenge blog DT call!

    ReplyDelete