I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Wooden Eggs on Display




I got my Easter craft done and I still have a whole week left!  It's a miracle.  I love wood/paper crafts and I found these wooden eggs at The Wood Connection.  That store is so dangerous for me to go into :)  I decorated these by painting them with acrylic paints, modge podge, and paper from the Pocket Full of Posies stack from DCWV and Colorbok glitter paper.  I used WeRMemory Keeper's baker's twine and a string of flat back pearls from Recollections.  The paper flower is cut from the Paisley cart and I layered different sized flowers to make a 3D look.  I really wanted to use a prima flower, but didn't want to have to go buy one thing for the project.  Just used what I had on hand - paper.  I am going to link this project up with Decorate to Celebrate's challenge "Easter".  You should really check out this challenge site if you haven't already, it's so fun - LOVE it!

2 comments:

  1. These are absolutely gorgeous!! I love the papers and embellishments you used!! What fabulous Easter decorations!! Thanks so much for playing along at Decorate to Celebrate!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts
    Decorate to Celebrate DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, these are SUPER cute!! I absolutely LOVE them!! Each one is so unique -- and I love the little touches (especially the SPARKLE!! YAY!!)... Great idea!! :)

    Thanks so much for decorating your celebrations at the Decorate To Celebrate! Challenge Blog!

    BIG HUGS,
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    Decorate To Celebrate! Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete