I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Monday, May 27, 2013

FCCB Challenge #162 Memorial Day

Another fabulous challenge has begun over at FCCB.  This week we are celebrating Memorial Day, so head on over and link up your project.  My card is probably off the mark a little with the traditional Memorial Day cards, but it fits perfectly with how I view Memorial Day.  For as long as I can remember, my dad's side of the family would gather together at our ancestors' gravesites at our local cemetaries and talk about family history.  This card is representative of those memories.  I also firmly believe that families are forever and that there is life beyond our journey here on this earth.  I know I will see my grandparents and ancestors again.  Anyway, I just love all the flowers that adorn the graves and how beautiful the cemetaries are on Memorial Day, so this is the card I came up with.  I used "Just Because" Cards for the mats, tree, and stencil saying.  I used SongBird for the flowers and blinged them up with some rhinestones.  Hope you join us this week and I can't wait to see your projects!

3 comments:

  1. Graet tag Emily that's a super cute tree, I like the paper!! So much tiny detail!! Happy Memorial Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun tag!

    Hope you had a Happy Memorial Day!

    Dt member Catarina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag. Happy Memorial Day

    ReplyDelete