I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

How Many Weddings In June?

June is just about upon us and as I think about it, we have 4 weddings to go to!  So I need to get to work on some cards.  Luckily, Mojo Monday has a fantastic sketch this week that I followed for this first card.  I found an awesome 6 x 6 paper pack from DCWV "The Twinkle Glints" stack and it was 50% off at JoAnn's; so $3 later, I had what I needed to make some wedding cards.  It is so shimmery and smooth, I love it.  I also used some paper from Imaginisce "All Occasion" Build-A-Card Pad.  I cut the tag from Elegant Edges and the scallop was cut using Spellbinders Classic Scallop Edgeabilities.  I popped up the sentiment using foam tape.  There are also three Recollections rhinestones, you can't really see them, but they are above the ribbon next to the tag, for a little added bling.  I am also entering this card in My Craft Spot's challenge this week of using ribbon or twine. 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card:)Your paper choice is beautiful and what a great sentiment.
    I know what you mean..I need to get going on some wedding cards to!
    Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! The sentiment is very pretty!Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot this week!

    Gwen

    http://thisandthatbygwen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card! It's got such a lovely, elegant look to it.

    I'm on the other end of things. We have NO weddings this summer!! Unbelievable!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete