I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Saturday, November 30, 2013

HIMCR Challenge #126 "Freestyle"

hidinginmycraftroom.com
Challenge #126
Freestyle!
 
 My Project:
 
This week at HIMCR we have, I think, one of the hardest challenges "Freestyle".  Don't get me wrong, I love being able to do whatever I want, but it's so hard to decide what I want to do!  That's why I think other challenges are easier, because they give you a direction of what to create :)  So for my card, I wanted to use another new cartridge I bid and won on Ebay - Straight From the Nest.  I got a screamin' deal for this cartridge, so I was super excited to add it to my library!  I just decided to use the very first cut - this adorable little bird.  I also wanted to use the corner feature on this cartridge, so I used the scalloped corners.  My yellow base mat I embossed with the Birds and Swirls embossing folder and the scalloped mat that my bird is on is from Elegant Edges.  Both the scallop mat and bird are popped up with some foam tape for added dimension.  I also embossed the wing of the bird with Swiss Dots.  I basically used scraps for my pattern papers and my sentiment stamp is from a Fiskars mini stamp set.  The flat back hearts I am pretty sure are from Recollections from Michael's.

No comments:

Post a Comment