I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Saturday, December 21, 2013

HIMCR Challenge #129 - CASE Yourself!

hidinginmycraftroom.com
Challenge #129
CASE Yourself!
Prize is a CTMH Stamp Set


So I don't know about you, but I have PLENTY of cards that I could CASE (and make some major improvements with).  When I first started card making, I really didn't know what I was doing, I still don't, but I have a better idea of what I am doing, and a better inventory of supplies, paper, cartridges, stamps, etc, etc, etc.  It's amazing what you accumulate over the course of the years...
 
Anyway, here is a card I made when I first started out:
My original post was January 25, 2011 - Cricut Cardz Snowman Challenge "So the challenge was to make a project using a snowman image. Well, as you can see there is no snowman on my card. Because I am so new to the cricut and crafting, I have not yet acquired a cartridge with a snowman. But I did find on my Home Accents cart an image that I think can pass off as a snowflake. So even though I technically don't qualify for this challenge, I still wanted to participate. I don't have any winter type stamps either, but if I did have a winter saying, I would stamp it next to the snowflake on the pink stripe."
Here is the CASE (new and improved):
This time I do have a Christmas/Winter cart (several actually) that I had an actual snowflake - Winter Woodland (Snowflake #4).  I cut it out at 2 3/4" in some light blue and at 3" in a darker blue/turquoise and layered them together with some foam tape.  I also cut down the patterned paper so I could show off the embossed mat - D'vine Swirls - also acquired since the original card :) I even have some Christmas/Winter stamp sets (surprise surprise) that I was able to include.  Amazing what some experience - and supplies - can do!!!
 
Side By Side:
 
I hope you are able to join us this week over at HIMCR for our fun challenge! Pick a card that you would like to copy (or re-invent) and share it with us!!!
 
Thanks for checkin' in!!!

1 comment:

  1. First of all, what a fun challenge!!
    Second thing that impressed me was that you still had the same paper two years later!! Both are very nice!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete