I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Saturday, January 4, 2014

HIMCR Challenge #131 - Color Challenge

HIMCR Challenge #131
hidinginmycraftroom.com
Crushed Curry (mustard yellow), Basic Gray, Bermuda Bay (tropical blue)
 
Sponsor
Prize - 3 Free Digital Images
 
My Project
Well, I am still trying to get the hang of coloring digi images, and I am so happy that our sponsor, The Scrapbook Stamp Society has allowed me another opportunity to practice with one of their adorable stamps - "Hearts A Flutter".  The challenge over at HIMCR this week is a color challenge, and I have to admit, I have never put these three colors together, but I really love how they compliment each other!  I used paper from a few different 6x6 packs; Heidi Swapp's "Sugar Chic", American Crafts "Amy Tangerine", Ki "Bright Geo", and DCWV "The Kidlet Stack".  My base card is 5x5 Basic Gray.  I used my Bic Mark It's to color the image and used my Fiskars "Lace" corner punch around the mat.  My yellow paper flower comes from Michael's Recollection.  Overall I think the card turned out nice, I'm just still learning the ropes of coloring :) I hope that you will join us this week over at HIMCR for our color challenge, and please check out our sponsor's digital images, they have some super cute images to choose from, and one of the entries will win 3 free images!!!  I am also going to be linking this card up over at Little Scrap Pieces
Thanks for checkin' in!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment