I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Decorate To Celebrate Challenge #69 - 3D Flowers or Birthday

Happy Wednesday!!! It's time for another challenge over at Decorate To Celebrate and this time we want to see all those marvelous 3D Flowers that we all LOVE to make!  It's amazing to me that we can make paper flowers look so real and there are so many different styles out there - it's just fun to be inspired!

For my project, I created another centerpiece! This time with flowers instead of snowflakes :)  I filled my vase with fun river rocks and tied some tulle around it.  The flowers were cut at 3", 4", and 5" from the CTMH Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge (found on page 39).  There are actually 6 different styles of 3D flowers on this cartridge, the cut I used was just a regular flat flower because I needed to make 15 of these centerpieces in a relatively short amount of time for a funeral luncheon.

The paper is what makes these flowers so pretty.  I used a 12x12 paper pack from Crate Paper that I bought at Michael's, but there isn't a "name" tied to the pack.  The whole pack is filled with beautiful flowery reds, oranges, pinks, and browns.  I attached a flat back pearl to the middle of each of them and I used one of my Bic Mark-It's to color some of them to match the paper.  Again, I just used some floral wire to attach the flowers to.  I really like how these turned out and the luncheon looked beautifully decorated.

I hope you are able to play along with us over at Decorate To Celebrate and show off your amazing 
3D Flowers!

You can always submit projects with a Birthday Theme too!!!

I am going to be entering this into the February Linky Party over at Everyday is an Occasion and over at
Just B Creative Crazy.

Thanks for checkin' in!!!

If you are interested in the Art Philosophy Bundle from Close To My Heart you can order it from me 


6 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, Emily!! I love the flowers!! The paper is gorgeous!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely flowers to use as a centerpiece with such lovely paper Emily:) Great job.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous flowers Emily! What a beautiful centerpiece this makes:)
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful. Great idea, I can hardly wait to try!

    ReplyDelete