I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Decorate To Celebrate - School Days

Hey All!!!!

Happy Wednesday!!!

How is everyone's week going?
I hope you have all been able to get some crafting done!
I try to everyday :)

A new challenge has started over at Decorate To Celebrate all
about School Days & Going Back To School!

Well, the countdown has started here at our house for
KINDERGARTEN!!!
I know it may not be that exciting,
but I have waited my son's whole life for this day!

Now, he will only be in school for 3 hours,
but 3 hours EVERYDAY he will be out of the house!
Don't get me wrong, I love my "bestest buddy",
but OH MY he is a handful of energy
and it will be so nice to have him
use that energy on school!!!

So anyway, I know that Box Tops are
the thing to collect once you start school,
so I thought that I would create something
to put these in that would be fun for my son.

WARNING: PICTURE OVERLOAD :)

So here is my project:

We just recently went through one of the large Taco Seasoning
containers from Costco and as I was about to throw it away,
I thought, "No, I could make something out of this."
Good thing I held onto it :)


My paper comes from an All Seasons Pack from
The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby).


All my cuts come from the Recess Cartridge.
And I have popped them all up on some
foam tape.


The words/phrases were on one of the sheets of paper
in the same All Season pack from Hobby Lobby.
I just cut them out and adhered them to
some purple cardstock.


The ribbon was given to me, so
I don't know where it is from.


My son really liked how it turned out!


He is excited to start filling this up!


I hope that you will join us for this School Days/Back To School challenge
and show us some of the fun projects you have created!

And please remember you can always link up Birthday projects.
And although cards and layouts are fabulous,
we are not that type of a challenge blog!
We want to see projects more along the lines of
decorations, invitations, or party favors.
Thank you!

Thanks for checkin' in!!!

5 comments:

  1. This is so adorable, Emily!! What a great reuse of the container!! Love the papers and images you used to decorate it!! Fabulous project!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily what a clever idea! And your son starting kindergarten IS a big deal! My kids are 32 and 34 and I still remember their first day of kindergarten like it was yesterday! I even remember what they wore! Hugs to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mollie this is such a fantastic idea for those box tops:) Loved the paper and embellishments you used. Great job.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute idea!! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete